Combining Restorative Procedures
While some people are lucky enough to only struggle with one dental problem at a time, that is not the case for many of us. Gum disease is often accompanied by tooth decay and TMJ disorder by worn out dental work. While we might try to address each issue individually, it is sometimes better to do a full mouth restoration. Comprehensive Dentistry in Wall, NJ, can combine multiple restorative procedures into one inclusive treatment.
What Is Full Mouth Restoration and How Can It Benefit You?
Full mouth restoration is a comprehensive plan that combines multiple restorative treatments. The primary goal of any restorative dentistry is to repair or replace missing teeth, correct faulty bites and improperly seated jaw joints, eliminate gum disease, and replace worn-out dental work. Full mouth restoration simply consolidates individual procedures so that the results all work together.
Ideally, treatment will fix a number of oral and dental issues so that you can eat and speak unhindered, restore or maintain the shape of your cheeks and jaw, correct alignment and bite issues, and improve your self-esteem.
What Procedures Are Included in Full Mouth Restoration?
There are a number of procedures that can be performed to replace missing or damaged teeth, correct bite and jaw issues, and straighten crooked teeth. Potential treatments include:
- Restorative dental procedures: Treatments are meant to replace missing or damaged teeth and include procedures like crowns, bridges, fillings, dentures, and inlays and onlays.
- Implant dentistry: Treatment replaces missing teeth or gaps with crowns made of porcelain, ceramic or other hard substances. The implants are set in the jawbone under the gums so that they look and function like natural teeth.
- TMJ disorder therapy: This therapy corrects jaw problems related to temporomandibular joints (TMJ). Because the condition is often tied to teeth grinding, treatment often addresses this problem, as well.
- Orthodontics: These procedures straighten teeth and address overcrowding, alignment, and bite issues. Treatment can include clear aligners that fit over your teeth like Invisalign®.
- Oral surgery: Oral surgery can include root canals, grafting, and tooth extraction.
- Periodontal treatments: Periodontal or gum disease is a bacterial infection of the gums. Left untreated, it can not only undermine your oral health, but may contribute to overall health problems, like heart disease and diabetes.
If you want to restore your teeth and have a smile that makes you happy, Comprehensive Dentistry can help.
How Can You Afford Full Mouth Restoration?
The cost of full mouth restoration varies depending on the severity of your case and the type of treatments necessary. While it is true that dental work can be costly, Comprehensive Dentistry will work with you to determine financing options or set up a payment plan that works for you. We accept most major credit cards and most insurance plans. We also accept CareCredit® and LendingClub® payment plans.
Repair Your Smile
If you want to restore your teeth and have a smile that makes you happy, Comprehensive Dentistry can help. Dr. Anthony Mancino is a dentist with over 25 years of experience and provides high-quality, individualized care in our comfortable, state-of-the-art dental practice. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.
“Dr. Mancino does beautiful work and I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs dental work.” Bill & Kris Bresnan