Natural-Looking Dental Implant Replacements
Tooth loss can result from advanced gum disease, infection, and trauma. While dental bridges are an affordable option for replacement, dental implants offer results that are both more natural-looking and long-lasting.
Implants are a highly trusted solution because they can prevent changes to your bone structures and facial features, as well as make your smile look and feel healthy once again. With proper care, they can last a lifetime without needing replacement. Dr. Anthony Mancino provides implants at his office in Wall, NJ, as a reliable, long-term solution for missing teeth.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are small metal posts that function just like tooth roots. They are used to connect dental crowns, bridges, or dentures directly to your jawbone. First used in 1965, they have since become an important part of cosmetic and restorative dentistry because they can restore both aesthetics and health to your smile.
How Are They Placed?
Dental implant treatment typically requires several appointments:
- Consultation: Dr. Mancino will evaluate your smile and determine whether you are a good candidate for implants. He will also create a detailed treatment plan that meets your needs, goals, and budget.
- Preparatory procedures: If you need a tooth extraction due to infection or a bone graft or sinus lift to counter insufficient jawbone volume, these will be performed a few months prior to your surgery.
- Implant surgery: When placing your implant, Dr. Mancino will make an incision in your gums and insert the dental implant in your jawbone. Most patients need about three to six months to heal from this surgery before proceeding to the next step.
- Abutments and impressions: Once you have healed fully, your connector will be attached to the implant during a second minor procedure. The doctor can then take impressions from which your new restoration will be customized.
- Restoration placement: After your restoration is made in a trusted lab, you can come back to our office to have your permanent restoration placed.
However, because every smile is different, every process is different. Your treatment process will be entirely personalized based on your unique needs.
Dental implants can be combined with any restoration including crowns, bridges, and dentures look and feel more natural than traditional restorations.
Benefits of Implants
Dental implants offer many benefits for patients with missing teeth. They can:
- Flatter your facial features: When your teeth are missing, you may be concerned about changes to your appearance, gaps, and structural changes that make you look older than you are. By replacing missing teeth, implants and restorations can rejuvenate your look.
- Prevent teeth from shifting: When topped with crowns, bridges, or dentures, dental implants prevent your surrounding teeth from moving to compensate for the gap in your bite.
- Help dentures feel more secure: While traditional dentures are a great option for patients with missing teeth, implant-supported options do not slip or click because they are fastened to your implants.
- Prevent bone loss: Dental implants can prevent the bone loss that often occurs after tooth loss. This is important because bone loss can affect other teeth and change the shape of your face.
- Last a long time: Dental implants have shown great long-term success, with a success rate well over 95 percent, according to the Institute for Dental Implant Awareness.
Because of the way they look and function, dental implants can increase your self-confidence and improve your overall quality of life.
Why Choose Dr. Mancino
Dr. Mancino has been placing implants for years and has been practicing dentistry for over two decades. He is constantly advancing his technique and technology to make the procedure more accessible, comfortable, and successful for patients. He believes that every patient should have access to a smile that they are proud to show off, so he offers patient financing through LendingClub® and CareCredit® to help you finance treatment on a plan that works for you.
Strengthen Your Smile
Dental implants can be combined with any restoration including crowns, bridges, and dentures look and feel more natural than traditional restorations. To find out if dental implants are right for you, call Comprehensive Dentistry at (732) 556-9600 or request a consultation online.
“Dr. Mancino does beautiful work and I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs dental work.” Bill & Kris Bresnan