Restore Strength & Aesthetics with Tooth-Colored Dental Crowns
Whether your tooth has suffered damage such as a chip or crack or has recently received treatment for infection, a dental crown may provide a reliable solution. Covering the entire portion of the tooth above the gum line, a dental crown can establish substantial protection to preserve the remaining natural structure. At Comprehensive Dentistry, Dr. Anthony Mancino strives to offer his patients only the best possible solutions for their oral health needs while ensuring the aesthetics of their smile are always a priority. With an emphasis on cosmetic dentistry, he provides his patients in Wall, NJ, with tooth-colored crowns composed of high-quality materials to not only ensure long-lasting results but to maintain a cohesive, beautiful smile.
What are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns—or caps—are placed over teeth to reinforce a decayed or damaged tooth. These caps mimic the natural shape of a tooth to complete your smile.
Typically, dental crowns may be used to:
- Protect broken, chipped, or cracked teeth
- Replace a single tooth with or without a dental implant
- Provide structural integrity after root canal treatment
- Cover a misshapen or discolored tooth for a more comprehensive smile
- Anchor a dental bridge
- Protect teeth worn by grinding
A crown is usually recommended when a filling, inlay, or onlay is not sufficient to restore function. Depending on your needs, one crown material may be more appropriate than others.
Materials We Offer
We offer three types of dental crowns including:
- IPS e.max®
- This lifelike glass-ceramic material provides high-quality cosmetic results, creating a natural appearance. We often suggest patients utilize this material for anterior crowns, as they are durable and more resistant to chipping.
- The translucent quality of these crowns provides a very natural appearance that appeals to many patients. These crowns are resistant to the pressure exuded by chewing and are often used for both anterior and posterior teeth.
- Porcelain Fused to Metal
- These crowns are stronger than strictly porcelain crowns as they are supported by a metal frame. However, the metal can often be seen at the base of the tooth. As such, we typically recommend them for posterior restorations.
During your consultation, Dr. Mancino will discuss your restorative needs and cosmetic goals to determine which type of dental crown will provide you with the greatest benefit.
Dental Crown Placement
Receiving a dental crown will typically require two appointments. Your first visit includes the consultation and preparation of the tooth. At this time, some of the natural tooth structure must be removed so the crown can fit comfortably amongst the surrounding teeth. We will then take impressions of your bite from which your custom crown will be hand-crafted at a trusted lab. Most patients will be provided with a temporary crown in the meantime.
Dr. Mancino provides his patients with tooth-colored crowns composed of high-quality materials to not only ensure long-lasting results but to maintain a cohesive, beautiful smile.
Once your dental crown has been fabricated and returned to our office, you can return to our office for your second appointment to have the crown placed. Once we have established a proper fit and ensured that you are satisfied with your results, your crown will be secured in place with a dental adhesive.
High-Quality Care & Results
At Comprehensive Dentistry, we prioritize patient satisfaction and will work with you to create a personalized solution that serves your best interests. Schedule your consultation by contacting us online or calling us at (732) 556-9600. Dr. Mancino is dedicated to creating a positive experience for his patients with high-quality restorative and cosmetic care that exceeds expectations.
“Dr. Mancino does beautiful work and I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs dental work.” Bill & Kris Bresnan