Emergency Dental Services Can Protect Your Smile
If you have injured a tooth or are suffering from unmanageable discomfort, Dr. Anthony Mancino can perform emergency dental care at his practice in Wall, NJ. Contact us at (732) 556-9600 for our immediate attention. If you experience an after-hours emergency, your calls will be directly forwarded to Dr. Mancino's phone. As your emergency dentist, he will provide prompt, effective treatment to help you find relief and protect your oral health. He can perform a broad spectrum of care, ranging from restorative procedures to tooth extraction, to accommodate your needs.
Is It an Emergency?
It can be difficult to know if your symptoms require urgent care. Common dental emergencies we treat include:
- A chronic toothache
- A tooth that has been knocked
- Food or other object lodged between teeth
- Cracked or broken teeth
- A severe bite on the lips, tongue, or cheeks that is bleeding excessively
- Dental infection
Reaching out to us as soon as the issue arises or an injury occurs can help us determine if you need to be seen immediately. In some cases, we may advise you to visit an emergency room or urgent care.
What to Do in a Dental Emergency
In certain dental emergencies, there are special steps you should take. Common scenarios include:
- A Knocked Out Tooth
- Do not touch or remove any of the root. If you can place it back in the socket, you should do so. Otherwise, keep it moist by placing it between your cheek and gums, or in a glass of milk.
- Stuck Objects
- Do not use sharp instruments to try and dislodge the food or object. If flossing is not effective, Dr. Mancino can carefully remove it.
- Cracked Tooth
- Clean the area by rinsing with warm water, then apply an ice pack or cold compress to help minimize the swelling.
- Rinsing and gently flossing can help address the issue causing pain. However, if this does not work, you should notify us. It is important that you do not use aspirin on the area as it can burn gum tissue.
- Damaged Soft Tissue
- In the case that you have bitten your tongue, cheek, or lip, apply a moist cloth or gauze and gentle pressure to help stop the bleeding.
When in doubt, it is always a good idea to speak with our knowledgeable staff who can guide you through the proper steps.
Contact us at (732) 556-9600 for our immediate attention.
Pairing Skilled Care & Comfort
At Comprehensive Dentistry, our services are tailored to your needs with a broad spectrum of procedures and an emphasis on patient satisfaction. While you may be visiting our office under unfortunate circumstances, we still prioritize your comfort. In addition to friendly, welcoming service, we also have hot towels and coffee to help you and any loved ones accompanying you relax.
Our priority is to restore your smile and relieve your stress. During your appointment, Dr. Mancino can evaluate the state of your oral health and provide the most efficient solution to stop pain, bleeding, and other issues.
Seek Urgent Care
Do not hesitate to seek professional care if you have been injured or suspect that your oral health has been compromised. Please call us immediately at (732) 556-9600, or if you are unable to speak clearly, use our online form to schedule an emergency appointment.
“Dr. Mancino does beautiful work and I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs dental work.” Bill & Kris Bresnan